We love to be connected to our friends and family, and we love the conveniences online shopping and browsing offer us. Here are some tips and resources to consider to stay safe while you browse the web or social media.
What can I do?
- Minimize what you put out there online
- Make sure your login passwords are secured and each one is different
- Don’t overshare personal information on social media
- Be mindful when you are browsing websites
- Make sure your devices’ software is up to date
- For Smart TVs, turn off its tracking features, especially ACR or Automatic Content Recognition
- Opt out of people search sites like Social Catfish, Rocket Reach, and more
Here are links to some articles about online privacy and safety.